cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 7.0 EFT Opportunity

lvernum
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The Unity team is currently accepting applications for the Unity 7.0 Early Field Trial (EFT), which is scheduled to begin in mid-January 2008. The focus of this release is enhancements to the Telephone User interface (TUI):

External Caller Live Reply -- Subscribers can press a key while listening to a message from an external caller. Unity will use Caller ID data to place a return call, or “Live reply,” to this person.

Follow Me -- Subscribers can change the number their calls are transferred to, with a simple voice command. Subscribers can say “Follow Me Mobile” to have their calls sent to their mobile phone, or can say “Follow Me Here” to have their calls sent to whatever phone they are currently using. (This feature requires voice recognition).

Improved Message Addressing -- Unity is more intelligent about message addressing, remembering the subscribers you message to most frequently, so that it is easier to send messages to these users.

Alternate extension detection -- Unity detects when a subscriber has logged in from the same telephone number five times, and asks them if they want Unity to automatically recognize them when dialing from this number in the future.

Increased settings through Telephone User Interface -- There are now more settings available through the telephone interface. Subscribers can configure over the telephone the Message Send style, whether Unity plays their name when they sign in, whether Unity plays new messages immediately after they sign in, whether Unity tells them the message duration, and they can configure the speed at which Unity speaks to them. When forwarding a message, subscribers can choose whether or not prior introductions are forwarded with the message.

IMAP support for Exchange 2007

Support for Domino 8.0 and DUC 1.2.4

If you are interested in participating in the trial, or in the Unity EFT program in general, please contact Laura Vernum (lvernum@cisco.com).

Laura Vernum

EFT Coordinator

Cisco Systems

206 256-3012

lvernum@cisco.com

5 Replies 5

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Unity 6.0 must be sad you skipped it. :)

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Laura and Unity team -

Yes, please count me in!

Sincerely,

Ginger

ranpierce
Level 6
Level 6

Laura and Unity team, please count me in too.

Randy Pierce (been supporting Unity since 2000 2.3.4)

Hi Laura,

Already sent an e-mail.

I've been installing and supporting Unity since version 2.3.4 as well.

Looking forward to it!

@Randy, you worked@active voice in the past isn't it?

Regards Julien Kroes

Julien yes I worked at AV for a year and then Cisco for 4. Sorry I did not answer I did not know you posted until now.

I was on vacation.

send me an email.

rlp

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: