Views
Helpful
Replies

unity 7.0 transfer to alternate extension

alex goshtaei
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All, 

I am configuing call handler in Unitiy, with caller input, I like to transfer calls to subscriber's alternate extension, and ring that extension. 

any clue would be appreciated. 

1 Reply 1

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Unless I’m misunderstanding your query there’s no way to do what you want here.  Quick breakdown on transfer numbers:

• Users and call handlers have 3 transfer rules (standard, off hours and alternate) – the rules on that handler or user dictate which are used (based on schedule, which rules are active and such – if alternate transfer rule is enabled it overrides the other two) – you can send a caller to the “attempt transfer for” entry point on a call handler or user from a call input key and whatever rule is active based on the schedule and rule sets will take over.

• You can’t “pick” which transfer rule will be used from the menu entry – that’s determined by the target handler or user’s transfer rule sets.

• If you’re talking about the alternate extension that users can configure to call in as and such, that’s not a transfer number – alternate extensions you can configure (i.e. your cell phone, home phone etc…) are used for logging into your mailbox and forwarding calls to your mailbox – it’s not an outbound dial number (i.e. preceded by a trunk access id and such) – so that cannot be done anyway.

If I misunderstanding what you’re trying to do let me know.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: