Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Attention: The Community will be in read-only mode on 12/14/2017 from 12:00 am pacific to 11:30 am.

During this time you will only be able to see content. Other interactions such as posting, replying to questions, or marking content as helpful will be disabled for few hours.

We apologize for the inconvenience while we perform important updates to the Community.

Silver

Unity 7.02 getting error on secondary

I get this error on the secondary almost everyday.

Event Type: Error

Event Source: CiscoUnity_AuthenticationMgr

Event Category: Run

Event ID: 1000

Date: 2008/12/21

Time: 21:23:39

User: N/A

Computer: FDSVAST11SIPV6

Description:

Error from Win32 call to LookupAccountName: error 0x800706FC The trust relationship between the primary domain and the trusted domain failed.

We only have one domain and it looks like an NT4 error.

I have heard that removing the server from the domain and then readding it might fix this.

Can you even do that with a Unity server?

Randy

2 REPLIES

Re: Unity 7.02 getting error on secondary

Hi Randy -

When your post said it looks like an NT4 error, did you mean you have a Windows NT domain? Only asking because adding a Unity server to NT domain not supported since version 4.2 ... Could there be an old/dead trust still hanging around in the AD forest? I noticed a bunch of Windows NT incompatibilities by doing a little research on microsoft.com with account permissions between Windows NT and Windows 2000 or later when trusts are involved. I don't think removing Unity from the domain is supported, much like moving it to a new domain, which requires reinstall. My thinking on this is you would remove Unity from domain, delete computer account, re-add Unity to domain, now have new computer SID history etc. By the way, Happy New Years!!

Ginger

Silver

Re: Unity 7.02 getting error on secondary

Hi Ginger,

Thanks for replying, I though no one ever would.

We are not an NT domain and never have since I have been here. I am sure that they were before I got here though. I will look into the lingering trust issue.

I did not think that removing the Unity from the domain is supported either. I did try it in my lab and have not seen anything wrong as of yet. I removed it. rebooted, and readded and rebooted. It seems to be working.

I will let everyone know what I find out.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Ginger.

Randy

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content