Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 7 AvScavengerSrv

jasonharmer
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have a Unity 7 server that when the AvScavengerSrv runs, i.e. every 30 mins the server CPU and disk I/O take a big hit.  I have not been able to find any real information on the service other than it take call records and inserts them into the call logging database for reporting and that it runs every 30 mins.

The reason I am looking at this process is that, we are seeing problems at times of calls hearing the system prompts either very slowly, or with broken speach.  I have not been able to confirm that is only occurs when this process is running, but problem is only happening for 5-10 mins, which from looking through performace trace files the AVScavengerSrv process only ever runs for this amount of time.

Any one have any ideas, as to if I can turn how often this process runs or any things else I sould look at for the type of problem.

Thanks

Jason

3 Replies 3

Tray Stoutmeyer
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
(AvScavenger) is the process that runs reports in Unity. What could be occuring is that
the reports are running when they shouldn't be or the ReportsDB has grown in size.

To stop unity spiking the CPU you can stop the AvScavenger service. Please do this and let
me know the results on the CPU. Once this is done we can investigate the ReportsDB. If you
look in the directory where you've installed SQL DBs (typically in C:\Program
Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL\Data or on the D: drive in the same path). Check the
reportdb and verify how big the files are .ldf and .mdf).

If you don't ever run reports, you can disable the service and this will take care of the issue. Can you tell us the version of Unity you have?

Tray

Hi Tray,

How am I able to stop the AvScavenger service, its not listed as a service in the system, is there another way to stop it..

The files size are:

ReportDb.mdf 1,152 K

ReportDB_log.ldf 504 K

So they are not very big..

The versiion of Unity is:

Cisco Unity 7.0 Build 7.0(2)

Thanks

Jason

I apologize. This exe is connected to the AvRepDirSvrSvc so that is the service you would stop. Sorry for the confusion.

Tray

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: