cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 7 data export to unity 9 using Cobras tool fails, "Unable to download test WAV file from connection via http"

David Keogh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Cisco community 

I was wondering is anyone has had this same error before and how you got past it. My organisation is doing numerous migrations from unity connection 7 to unity connection 9.

We have about 22 locations to do and normally we don't have any issues with the export using Cobras (8.0.0.53). Except for 2 locations were we have hit a brick wall with the export. It errors out on the first step with "Unable to download test WAV file from connection HTTP....." see pic attached

Is there any way to get around this, and export the data? if so how.

The first case of this we escalated to Cisco tac they told us all the unity data is corrupt.....they still have not found a fix to this (6 weeks into it) 

patiently waiting for some expert advise.......

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

HI Keith

Turns out a few (more than 5) of our Unity 7 boxes had some database corruption where the WAV files are stored. Cisco could not figure our why, although using unity the files were not an issue they could not be exported.

So they did come up with a fix but it presented another problem.

The fix was to skip downloading all the WAV files.

The problem all voicenames/greetings had to be manually re-recorded. ( not fun when you have 500 users per cluster)

You can use the CLI option “/SkipWavDownloadTest” in Cobras.This will skip the pre check for downloading wav file from Connection server before the data export. For this you have to use command prompt. Move to the installation folder for the COBRAS export tool on windows machine. Then run COBRAS export tool using below command (steps are shown in screen shot).

Command : “COBRASExportForConnection.exe /SkipWavDownloadTest”

Hope this helps you.

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Anirudh Mavilakandy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This error does not mean all Unity data is corrupt. This download test tries to get just the first wav file from the vw_streamfile table.

Other wav files could be corrupt but you cannot say anything with this error message.

You can verify this:

//Get the first wav file name

admin:run cuc dbquery unitydirdb SELECT first 1 filename FROM vw_streamfile

filename
----------------------------------------
9b9b510a-64d1-4279-ac8b-413176b3ab34.wav

//Test the file

https://192.168.1.1/cuals/VoiceServlet?filename=9b9b510a-64d1-4279-ac8b-413176b3ab34.wav

Replace IP address and wav file name with the one you have. The browser will prompt for Authentication. Provide the Unity Connection Admin credentials. 

If the file is not corrupt QuickTime will play the wav file. If the file is corrupt 404 error message will be displayed on screen.

You can re-record the voicename/greeting and try the export again. The default Call Handlers / Distribution Lists are normally at the top of this table as they were there right after installation.

To get the Voicename associated with Distribution Lists:

run cuc dbquery unitydirdb select displayname,dtmfaccessid,filename from tbl_distributionlist dl inner join tbl_streamfile s on dl.streamfileobjectid=s.objectid

To get the Voicename associated with Call Handlers

run cuc dbquery unitydirdb select displayname,dtmfaccessid,voicename from vw_callhandler where isprimary=0 and voicename is not null

Replacing the first wav file will fix the COBRAS export issue but other wav files could be corrupt. You can do the same test for the other wav files. In the first query remove 'first 1' to get all the file names.

HTH

Anirudh

kpranger1
Level 1
Level 1

David,

I know it has been a while, but did you end up finding a solution to this? I am having a similar issue.

Thanks

Keith

HI Keith

Turns out a few (more than 5) of our Unity 7 boxes had some database corruption where the WAV files are stored. Cisco could not figure our why, although using unity the files were not an issue they could not be exported.

So they did come up with a fix but it presented another problem.

The fix was to skip downloading all the WAV files.

The problem all voicenames/greetings had to be manually re-recorded. ( not fun when you have 500 users per cluster)

You can use the CLI option “/SkipWavDownloadTest” in Cobras.This will skip the pre check for downloading wav file from Connection server before the data export. For this you have to use command prompt. Move to the installation folder for the COBRAS export tool on windows machine. Then run COBRAS export tool using below command (steps are shown in screen shot).

Command : “COBRASExportForConnection.exe /SkipWavDownloadTest”

Hope this helps you.

Hi David,

Very kind of you to follow up on this older thread! (+5)

It's this type of engagement that continues to make CSC so great!

Cheers!

Rob

You are right David, this is a great resource!

David,

Thank you very much for your response!  I hear your pain on having to copy the wav files! As Rob stated below, it was very kind of you to respond!

I wanted to share with you what my fix was so that any other users who visit this post may have another option.

Unity version: 8.6.2.21900-5

TAC Case: 681494675

Resolution:

Attempted steps below, but received 404 error when attempting to open the wav. file via http.

That error was: The requested resource (/cuals/VoiceServlet) is not available

After working with TAC, they confirmed wav file was good via command line.  They gained root access and moved the cuals.war to the webapps folder.  Here is the command they used to move the file: 

[root@voip-unity lib]# cp /opt/cisco/connection/lib/cuals.war /usr/local/thirdparty/apache-tomcat-6.0.29/webapps/

Command to confirm wav file was good:

[root@voip-unity streams]# file 6124b6b2-4468-491a-a3e3-e9b61602a219.wav

6124b6b2-4468-491a-a3e3-e9b61602a219.wav: RIFF (little-endian) data, WAVE audio, Microsoft PCM, 16 bit, mono 8000 Hz

After moving the .wav file, I was able to then import the .wav files successfully.

Thanks again for your response!

Keith

Just to add to this thread. I had the exact same issue however what resolved it was to delete a registry key on the local machine perfoming the COBRA Export. I ran the skip test command line and the export was missing all wav files, after deleting the registry key all wav files copied over without issue. Below is the notes from the TAC agent i was working with.

>> Performed: SSL3 is being enforced on connection servers older than 10.x based on the release notes.

• Open Registry Editor.
  • Locate and then click the following registry sub key:

HKey_Local_Machine\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\SecurityProviders\SCHANNEL\Protocols\SSL 3.0\Client

• On the Edit menu, click Delete.
  • Click Yes when prompted.
  • Exit Registry Editor.

This worked great for me.  Thanks for following back up on this thread.  I am using a windows 10 machine and exported from a unity 9.1.2 version.  Thanks!

This one worked for me. Migrating from Unity Connection 9.1! 

Thanks, it also works for me (I am using Windows 10)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: