cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 7 Fail-over

JustForVoice_2
Level 4
Level 4

I implemented unity 7 Pri and Sec. when I applied the fail-over configuration, the secondary server became the active and primary stand by. I need to change the role of the servers. So the primary = active and secondary = stand by. Any body can guide me how to do this??

2 Replies 2

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Madi,

Failback Type

•If you do not want to schedule the secondary server to initiate failback to the primary server, click Manual. The secondary server fails back only when you manually initiate failback by using the Failover Monitor. The default is the Manual failback type.

•If you want to schedule when the secondary server initiates failback to the primary server, click Scheduled, and enter settings for the Scheduled Failback Start and Scheduled Failback End field. (You can manually initiate failback before the scheduled time in the Failover Monitor.)

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thank you Rob for your reply, but I did not understand what exactly you mean. I will try to explain more what I need:

I have two unity servers:

1.1.1.1 ( I made it primary after the installation)

2.2.2.2 (secondary server)

When I am logging to 1.1.1.1 a message appears and it contains that the active server is 2.2.2.2

I need to change the status. so if I log to 2.2.2.2 the message will appear and if any problem happens for 1.1.1.1 then 2.2.2.2 will be active automatically.

I need to do this because each unity server located on different Data Center and the exchange located with 1.1.1.1

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: