Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 7 in demo mode

kayih
Level 1
Level 1

hi all,

I would like to get more hands on experience on unity 7, I downloaded the DVD on cisco website.

My question is do a need any licence file or key to run unity 7 in demo mode with my callmanager ?

thanks in advance

5 Replies 5

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Kaine,

You should be good to go :)

Enabling a Cisco Unity Demonstration System with the Default License File

The default license file (CiscoUnity50.lic) is automatically copied to the Cisco Unity server during installation. Note that the CiscoUnity50.lic license file is still being used for Cisco Unity 7.0.

To Enable a Demonstration System with the Default License File

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Step 1 Install Cisco Unity as described in the Installation Guide for Cisco Unity-up to the point where the Install the Cisco Unity License Files screen appears in the main window of the Cisco Unity Installation and Configuration Assistant.

Step 2 Click Run the Cisco Unity Install License File Wizard.

Step 3 On the Welcome screen of the wizard, click Next.

Step 4 Click Add.

Step 5 Browse to the CommServer\Licenses directory, and double-click CiscoUnity50.lic.

Step 6 Click Next.

Step 7 In the Licenses list, confirm that the license information is correct.

Step 8 Click Next.

Step 9 Click Finish.

Step 10 Continue following the instructions in the Installation Guide for Cisco Unity to complete the installation.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/7x/release/notes/702curelnotes.html#wp50107

Hope this helps!

Rob

ranpierce
Level 6
Level 6

No you do not need licence file as there is a two port lic.

However, you need to provide MS windows, MS exchange, and SQL 2000.

You need to download the service pack cds for Unity 7 also.

Randy

hi guys,

I have only one word to say : THANKS

thanks for the time you take helping people on this forum, I'm really impressed, I got 2 excellent answers quickly.

Hi Kaine,

You are most welcome my friend! Glad to be of some small help here.

Cheers!

Rob

Kaine thanks and I am glad to help to.

Rob you are the best as always.

Randy