Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 7 - Platform Configuration

csg-admin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am using an MCS-7845-ESC4 purchased as a Unity bundle from Cisco. According to the install documentation this is a platform overlay 3 server.

Following the install document and booting with the platform configuration disk for the 7845-ECS4 the system was auto installed with the following partitions and volume labels:

VOLUME_1 C: 24GB

VOLUME_2 D: 112GB

VOLUME_3 E: 136GB

VOLUME_4 F: 273GB

The install document does not show the partitioning above and talks about C:, D: and E: drives only.

I want to install this server in the correct manner so that it is TAC supported and performs well however, either the documentation is wrong or the platform configuration disk is doing something incorrect.

Can anyone advise?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Yuko,

Here is the reference;

Locations for Files on a Platform Overlay 3 Server (Secondary Server with Exchange on the Secondary Only)

Disk Array Partition Files

First

C

•Operating system

•Pagefile

First

D

•Program files, including Cisco Unity, Exchange, and SQL Server 2000

•Cisco Unity trace logs

Second

E

•Exchange transaction logs

•SQL Server 2000 transaction logs

Third

F

•Exchange databases

•SQL Server 2000 databases

•Unity Message Repository (UMR)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/5x/installation/guide/vmexfo/5xcuigvmefo020.html#wpxref87281

Hope this helps!

Rob

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Yuko,

Here is the reference;

Locations for Files on a Platform Overlay 3 Server (Secondary Server with Exchange on the Secondary Only)

Disk Array Partition Files

First

C

•Operating system

•Pagefile

First

D

•Program files, including Cisco Unity, Exchange, and SQL Server 2000

•Cisco Unity trace logs

Second

E

•Exchange transaction logs

•SQL Server 2000 transaction logs

Third

F

•Exchange databases

•SQL Server 2000 databases

•Unity Message Repository (UMR)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/5x/installation/guide/vmexfo/5xcuigvmefo020.html#wpxref87281

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thanks Rob, very helpful.

Hi Rob,

Can you give me an example of Folders to be made. In my case we don't have Exchange Server.

We have MCS7845-I3-ECS1 server i.e. platform overlay 3. I am installing Miscrosoft SQL Server 2000. At the time of installation it is giving me 2 options for Destination Folders.

Program Files and Data Files. If I go according to the installation guide I have to select following folders, correct me if I'm wrong.

For Program Files: D:/Program Files/Microsoft SQL Server

For Data Files: E:/Program Files/Microsoft SQL Server

Thanking you in anticipation of your quick reply.

Regards,

Amit.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: