cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 7. User gets message via email only, no MWI or message on phone?

eric.roberson
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I've recently changed jobs and supporting a Unity 7 environment. My experience prior was more around Unity Connection so there are a few pieces I'm still learning on the traditional Unity side.  I have reports of a user who just recently stopped receiving indications via the MWI or even receiving the voice mail itself on Unity. The user only receives the voice mail attachment via email (we are integrated with Exchange 2007)

I've checked basic settings for the user in question, including voice mail profile on the Call Manager side and then his user profile on the Unity side and can find nothing that stands out or is different from other users. Per the user's assistant this only started happening.

Any ideas on what/where to check?  Of course the user is a company executive so I'm needing to fix him ASAP.

Thanks

- Eric

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Bradford Magnani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Eric,

If I understand your question, the user actually receives their voice mail in their Outlook inbox, but they aren't getting MWI or Unity saying that they have any new messages?  If this is the case, then the CUCM configuration should be fine.  Has this user created any rules in Outlook that are moving their voice mail out of their Inbox?  Unity only looks at the Inbox for messages.  When a new message is left for the user are there any errors/warnings in the application log?  Does this happen for both internal and external calls?

Brad

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Bradford Magnani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Eric,

If I understand your question, the user actually receives their voice mail in their Outlook inbox, but they aren't getting MWI or Unity saying that they have any new messages?  If this is the case, then the CUCM configuration should be fine.  Has this user created any rules in Outlook that are moving their voice mail out of their Inbox?  Unity only looks at the Inbox for messages.  When a new message is left for the user are there any errors/warnings in the application log?  Does this happen for both internal and external calls?

Brad

Hi Brad, I think you might have the answer. I will be checking onsite with the user late today/tomorrow but I created an Outlook rule to move the Unity message to a different folder. When I left a test voice message my MWI did not light up and Unity did not indicate I had a new message, but I did receive the message attachment in Outlook and it was processed via the Outlook rule.

I didn't realize how Exchange integration effects the messages until now so thanks for the information. I'll update the thread once I check with the user.

Thanks

- Eric

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: