cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 8.0 Server - Low Space on C: Drive

hippieboy9
Level 1
Level 1

I upgraded this server from 5.0 to 8.0 a while back.  It has a C: partiton with 12GB (none available) and a D: partition with 137GB (134GB available).  This is how Cisco setup the partitions during the install of 5.0 and now the C: drive is out of space.  I looked at the SQL logs and they are not taking up hardly any space.  Most of the space is in C:\Windows (6.39GB) and C:\Program Files (1.09GB).  All third party software and installation files are on the D: drive.  What is the recommended procedure here?  Should I re-partition the drives with a Linux boot disk utility to give C: more space or is there a recommended way to clean up the C: drive?

3 Replies 3

Bradford Magnani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I would recommend doing a search for *.* on the C: and then sort by file size once the search completes and find out what's eating up all of the space.

Brad

These are the largest files on the C: drive:

1. C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Logs\FrameWork.log    (355MB)
  2. C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL\Data\UnityDb.mdf   (120MB)
  3. C:\Program Files\Common Files\McAfee\Engine\avvscan.dat   (106MB)
  4. C:\Program Files\Common Files\McAfee\Engine\OldEngine\avvscan.dat   (106MB)
  5. C:\Program Files\McAfee\VirusScan Enterprise\RepairCache\vse870.msi   (70MB)

Is it ok to delete any of these?

1. Looks like it can be truncated per http://support.microsoft.com/kb/836605

2. Do not delete this, it's your Unity database

3 - 5, you may want to look at McAffee's recommendations to see what impact removing these would have.  I would leave those alone until you fully understand what those are responsible for

Brad