Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Unity 8.0 Server - Low Space on C: Drive

I upgraded this server from 5.0 to 8.0 a while back.  It has a C: partiton with 12GB (none available) and a D: partition with 137GB (134GB available).  This is how Cisco setup the partitions during the install of 5.0 and now the C: drive is out of space.  I looked at the SQL logs and they are not taking up hardly any space.  Most of the space is in C:\Windows (6.39GB) and C:\Program Files (1.09GB).  All third party software and installation files are on the D: drive.  What is the recommended procedure here?  Should I re-partition the drives with a Linux boot disk utility to give C: more space or is there a recommended way to clean up the C: drive?

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Unity 8.0 Server - Low Space on C: Drive

Hi,

I would recommend doing a search for *.* on the C: and then sort by file size once the search completes and find out what's eating up all of the space.

Brad

These are the largest files on the C: drive:

1. C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Logs\FrameWork.log    (355MB)
  2. C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL\Data\UnityDb.mdf   (120MB)
  3. C:\Program Files\Common Files\McAfee\Engine\avvscan.dat   (106MB)
  4. C:\Program Files\Common Files\McAfee\Engine\OldEngine\avvscan.dat   (106MB)
  5. C:\Program Files\McAfee\VirusScan Enterprise\RepairCache\vse870.msi   (70MB)

Is it ok to delete any of these?

Cisco Employee

1. Looks like it can be truncated per http://support.microsoft.com/kb/836605

2. Do not delete this, it's your Unity database

3 - 5, you may want to look at McAffee's recommendations to see what impact removing these would have.  I would leave those alone until you fully understand what those are responsible for

Brad

Views
Helpful
Replies