Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 8.03 ES10 and Exchange 2010 - few users can't check vm over phone

Erick Bergquist
Level 6
Level 6

Hi,

I have a few users who working fine with their voicemail on Exchange 2010 (moved from 2003 to 2010 a month ago) and now have 2-3 users who worked earlier this week but now when they check their voicemial over phone it states the message server is offline. They see new voice mails in their outlook inbox fine however, so the new messages are getting to their exchange mailbox. But no MWI and they can't check vm over the phone.

Unity 8.03 ES10 with Exchange 2010

I've reran permission wizard and restarted msgstoremonitor and notifer service and no change.

What else can I check on these mailboxes, I'm guessing it is something on the Exchange side maybe. There are other users with mailboxes on the same exchange 2010 mailstore that are working fine.

Thanks.

Erick

3 Replies 3

culittle
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Option 1 rerun Message store Configuration Wizard.  con.  ~ 20 min downtime.

Option 2. remove the user from Unity and then reimport from Exchange.  con user has to run the initial setup.

if user is still failing after deleting and reimporting, delete and recreate users exchange account.

Have already removed unity account and re-imported, did not fix.

We ran the message store config wizard when we moved to exchange 2010 and most users are working except for 2-3 users, who were working fine up until a few days ago. There are other forum posts about having to rerun this but i want a perm fix as I've done that elsewhere and the problem came back after a few weeks.

If you removed the user and re-imported, then their is corruption in the users Exchange account that is being imported.  Create a new account in Exchange and re-import..

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: