Views
Helpful
Replies

unity 8 setup acct

shingphing_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ,

I have a running unity unified version 8 and i am trying to install a new unity on the same domain with separate exchange server.

Can i use back the same installation acct below ?

unityadmin

unityinsatll

unity msgstore

unity dirsvc

While running the permission wizard for the new unity server , do i also need to specify the mailstore for the running unity server as same accts are used.

Any feedback is  greatlty appreciate.

Regards, sp

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Bradford Magnani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi SP,

You sure can use those existing user accounts to run your Unity server.  When you run permissions wizard, you will need to make sure you select your new exchange server to make sure that the proper permissions get applied to it for the new user mailboxes.  The permissions wizard just sets the permissions in AD/Exchange.  The Message Store Configuration Wizard is what determines which server is going to be the partner mailstore where Unity delivers its messages to.  So, MSCW would be where you can select your new partner exchange server.  There is not a requirement stating that if you're using the same accounts across unity that the Unity servers need to have the same partner mailstore.  Just be sure that when running permissions wizard, you grant the permissions to your new mailstore for this Unity server to access.

Hope that helps,

Brad

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Bradford Magnani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi SP,

You sure can use those existing user accounts to run your Unity server.  When you run permissions wizard, you will need to make sure you select your new exchange server to make sure that the proper permissions get applied to it for the new user mailboxes.  The permissions wizard just sets the permissions in AD/Exchange.  The Message Store Configuration Wizard is what determines which server is going to be the partner mailstore where Unity delivers its messages to.  So, MSCW would be where you can select your new partner exchange server.  There is not a requirement stating that if you're using the same accounts across unity that the Unity servers need to have the same partner mailstore.  Just be sure that when running permissions wizard, you grant the permissions to your new mailstore for this Unity server to access.

Hope that helps,

Brad

Hi Braford,

Thanks for the input .. I have trouble going thru the MSCW. I am always getting the following message after "the select the exchange version " which i select" microsoft exchange server 2003"

When you ran Cisco unity Permission Wizard , you chose one or more Exchange mailstores to which the cisco unity installation acct has not yet been granted the required exchange permission

The permission wizard  was run with no errors

Could the MSCW be corrupted. Is there anyway to download the mscw from cisco website.

Regards, shingphing

It sounds like you may have missed a step in the PW.  Make sure you chose your new Exchange server that needs permissions in the below screen shot.

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/Applications/Unity/PermissionsWizard/Unity50/Help/PWHelp_ENU.htm

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/Applications/Unity/PermissionsWizard/Unity50/Help/PWHelp_ENU_E12_ChooseMailstores.PNG

Once PW finishes, you need to confirm that Exchange Delegation of Control has been completed in your environment:

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/Applications/Unity/PermissionsWizard/Unity50/Help/PWHelp_ENU_E17_Finished.PNG

Brad

Yes . Did exactly what you have mentioned. Just could not get it to work on the new unity server. in fact the running unity server was install just last mth with no problem and i am using the same set of software.

Thks,sp