cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity AA not transferring to non-subscribers

angel-moon
Level 3
Level 3

Hello, I am running Unity 4.1 and have a Call Handler acting as an Auto Attendant. The AA seems to not to be able to transfer to non-subscriber extensions on Call Manager. Is there anyway to get Unity to do this without creating a subscriber for each phone? These are phones such as break room and lobby so I would hate to use a subscriber license for each one of these phones.

Thanks in advance!

All replies rated

2 Replies 2

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

couple things here.

1. you can use call handlers for this which do not require a license.

2. You can use internet subscribers for this which also do not require a license.

3. You can use the system transfer conversation to allow "free dialing" of any number you like so long as it passes the system restriction table rules. You can map a one key rule to enter the system transfer conversation (i.e. press 2 to dial any number or the like).

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You have to use the caller system transfer option. So in your Call handler you have to say something like, "To dial an extension, press 3 now." (configure caller input 3 for:Caller System Transfer)

Unity will then say: "Enter the number you wish to transfer to"

Then it will work!

Cheers!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: