cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity administrative COS accidently changed - big problems !

hindsc
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm very stupid !

During a moment of madness I managed to edit the Unity Default administrator COS, when I actually meant to copy it and create a new COS template. This has resulted in me being locked out of most administrative functions I need to do.

I have been looking around the tools available which may help and I used Data Link Explorer to look at my Unity database. I found a table called Cos, which shows the settings and permissions for both the default administrator and default subscriber. I think that my default administrator is missing the ticks it needs in many of the function columns.

Would it be possible for somebody to send me a copy of their Cos setting or compare mine to theirs so I can see what ought to be in place for a standard administrator template.(Data Link Explorer allows you export a specific table to CSV). I have attached a copy of my Cos table settings.

Once I know where I stand, I?m hoping to enlist the help of one of our DBA?s to help me edit the Unity database and reinstate the missing functions.

Does this sound sensible ? Is there anything else I need to consider ?

This is my only hope before I have to embark on a re-installation. Any help or advice would be very much appreciated !

Thanks in advance,

Chris

My server is Windows 2000, Unity 4.0.5, Exchange 2000

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Zoinks!

You can basically just turn on all a few of the "access" flags via a DB query and do the rest via the admin - I'm looking at a 4.2 system but I believe these are all the same in 4.0(5) as well - here's the short list I'd set to "1":

AccessCosCUD

CosModifyAccess

WebAdministrator

I believe with those set you can get into the SA and update the COS from with the SA for anything else you may have changed. You can do this in the Query Builder in CUDLE reasonably easily:

UPDATE COS

SET WebAdministrator='1'

WHERE Alias='defaultadministrator'

lather, rinse, repeat for each setting - I'm pretty sure those three will get you in...

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Zoinks!

You can basically just turn on all a few of the "access" flags via a DB query and do the rest via the admin - I'm looking at a 4.2 system but I believe these are all the same in 4.0(5) as well - here's the short list I'd set to "1":

AccessCosCUD

CosModifyAccess

WebAdministrator

I believe with those set you can get into the SA and update the COS from with the SA for anything else you may have changed. You can do this in the Query Builder in CUDLE reasonably easily:

UPDATE COS

SET WebAdministrator='1'

WHERE Alias='defaultadministrator'

lather, rinse, repeat for each setting - I'm pretty sure those three will get you in...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: