cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Administrator on Two Unity Servers

mwheinz
Level 1
Level 1

I have a customer with 2 Unity servers, digitally networked. She is at one location, as a unified subscriber, and wants to also be an admin on the other server, too. How do I pull this off? I can't import her as a sub on the new server, as AD sees her as already imported. Doesn't she have to be a subscriber with an Admin template to access SA web using her NT credentials?

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can use GrantUnityAccess to do this - assuming you're at 4.0(1) or later just look at the help for this tool in the Tools Depot on your desktop - you assign the user to the built in "installer" account using their NT credentials - you can grant them admin rights on as many Unity servers as you like using this method.

You may also want to check out the Global Subscriber Manager tool for helping with admin of users across multiple boxes (this is what it was designed to do) - you'll also find that in the Tools Depot on your Unity desktop.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can use GrantUnityAccess to do this - assuming you're at 4.0(1) or later just look at the help for this tool in the Tools Depot on your desktop - you assign the user to the built in "installer" account using their NT credentials - you can grant them admin rights on as many Unity servers as you like using this method.

You may also want to check out the Global Subscriber Manager tool for helping with admin of users across multiple boxes (this is what it was designed to do) - you'll also find that in the Tools Depot on your Unity desktop.

Thanks! I'm at 4.03, so it should work. Thanks again.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: