Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unity and Lotus domino integration

Hi,

We have call manager cluster4.0(2)a.with Unity 4.0 Build 4.0(4) SR 1 for IBM Lotus Domino.

This setup is at two locations.

Lotus domino has Data base of thier own(i believe sql)and they sync with each other.

So if in location A if i add user in Lotus domino,i will be able to see the same user in Location B as well.

Now when Unity at either of the location picks up users from its respective lotus domino servers,it can see all the users which are configured on that server.

If i want to add users from other locations,that is from locationb Lotus domino can i do that?

when i go to unity for users,can it give option to check other side domino as well?

5 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: Unity and Lotus domino integration

If you mean that the Domino servers are in different Domino Domains, then no, Unity does not allow you to import users who are in another Domino Domain. However, in 4.0(5) and later, you can configure Digital Networking between the Unity servers. Refer to the following links for more info:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a0080443b5e.html#wp1778986.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/prod_release_note09186a008044e9e7.html#wp400399

Nancy

Hi,

There is one Domino servers belongs to one forest domain say "BIG FOREST".And in that there are child domain say "Domain A" and "Domain B ".

Both this Lotus Domino server belongs to this child domains respectively.

So does being in same forest going to help?

Or still i woudl require to go for another version of Unity?

Thanks,

Niraj,

Bronze

It sounds like you are talking about Active Directory/Windows Domains. What matters here is whether the Domino servers are in the same ***Domino Domain***. Domino Domains have nothing to do with Active Directory Domains.

If the Domino servers are in the same Domino Domain, then one Unity server can import users from any of the Domino servers. If the Domino servers are in separate Domino Domains, then you will need a Unity server for each Domino Domain.

Nancy

HI,

yes i wan talking abut the active directory/domain.If Domino Domain have nothing to do with Active Directory domain , then both Lotous domino server are in same domain.

But then in the unity it is not allowing me to see the other side of the Lotus domino server to import user from there.

Could you please advice how do i achieve this?

Thanks,

Niraj

Bronze

Hi,

Please verify that the users are all in the same Domino Domain.

The Domino Domain name is on the Basics tab of the person document. In the Domino Administrator, open the person document for any user in location A, and see what's in the Domain field. Then open the person document for any user in location B, and see if the Domain name matches.

Nancy

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content