Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

unity and playing messages

Is there any way to configure the unity in such a way that unity doesn't read the e-mail and it reads only the voice messages!!

And also whenever I receive voice message and the outlook is opened the MWI is turning off as long as the outlook e-mail is opened, I am looking to make MWI on till the user is listening to message using his phone!!

I am using unity 5 with CUCM 6

Thanks a lot

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Re: unity and playing messages

You can assign users to a class of service that does not have the Text to Speech feature turned on - then emails will not be presented over the phone interface - just voice messages and faxes and receipts.

Not sure I understand your second item - Outlook just being open shouldn't have any effect unless you have some client side rule that's moving messages to a folder or something - unless I'm not understanding your scenario. If you're opening messages in Outlook and marking them read then Unity is going to turn the MWI off - it's based on the read/unread status of the message, which client does the toggling is not relevant.

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

You can assign users to a class of service that does not have the Text to Speech feature turned on - then emails will not be presented over the phone interface - just voice messages and faxes and receipts.

Not sure I understand your second item - Outlook just being open shouldn't have any effect unless you have some client side rule that's moving messages to a folder or something - unless I'm not understanding your scenario. If you're opening messages in Outlook and marking them read then Unity is going to turn the MWI off - it's based on the read/unread status of the message, which client does the toggling is not relevant.

This is really helped me a lot, for the second point yes there is a rule which will make the light to turn off

Special thanks for your help and cooperation

Views
Helpful
Replies