Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Auto attendant Loop

jeff.singh_2
Level 3
Level 3

I am trying to reach the following with CCM 4 and Unity 4.05:

DDI number translated to a pilot point with a hunt group and on no answer or busy, call gets routed to a Unity Call handler. The CH announces press 2 to leave a message or continue to hold - on caller input I've mapped 2 to go to s group mailbox - works fine. However if the caller holds I've set after greeting to attempt transfer to another CH that has a transfer incoming calls to original pilot point and again goes through hunt list. Works ok and rings around the hunt list until if all agents are busy it hits Unity on 2nd time and then we get reorder tone( I assume unity detects a loop). is there any other way of doing this with Unity? I have transfer type set to release to switch.

5 Replies 5

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I would probably not have it go to the second call handler... I would change the greeting to say:

To leave a message press 2, to reach xxxxx press 3... it can then ring that hunt group and if no answers, it will go back to the message. You can have the message repeat x times and then "goodbye" or another call handler that says "thank you for calling, goodbye"

With this option, you take out the looping and give control to the caller

Tommer, thanks for your reply. The callers should initially hit this hunt group and then if not answered they should reach a reassurance message i.e you are in a q and you r v important either leave a message or continue to hold(if the customer wants to hold then they remain in the q)...Jeff

If you are trying to use a queing technique, I dont think Unity will be able to help you out. You might have to IPCC or some type of simple CallCenter software to run this. Unity is basic menu options to menu options. It does not have the brains that IPCC does to run the scripts you are requesting, unless you configure your main number similar to what I did.

Possibly, you could have it go this way.

Call Handler 1, play main greeting, option 1 to leave message or be transfered to person

Person does not answer, configure it roll into

Call Handler 2, play "your call is important to us, press 1 to leave a message," repeat 2 twice, then roll into a new extension on the targets phone.

No answer, it then rolls into CallHandler 3

Call Handler 3, greeting with something about All agents are busy, please leave a message... roll into vm then.

It's not the smoothest, but you will get:

- rings the targets phone two different times 4 rings a piece.

- couple of differnt greetings

- The outside caller may figure it out eventually and it may not have the best preception of your auto attendend because it's they are not really in que.....

Jeff,

You could also use CallManager AA to facilitate the queueing that Unity CAN'T do. Its pretty basic compared to IPCC, but, esentially it can give you a scaled down version of what you're looking for.

Tommer, yes this was the final solution presented to the customer - thanks for the suggestions, Jeff

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: