cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

unity auto attendant multi site problems

rversluis
Level 1
Level 1

I currently have 2 sites being serviced by one auto-attendant. A few times per day a caller in the remote site auto-attendant tree hits 0 and goes to the main site operator.

I have done the following to mitigate:

1. Key entry for 0 on all subscribers, call handlers, and directory handlers for remote site go to remote site primary AA greeting.

2. Bulk Edit of remote call handlers and subscribers for error condition go to primary AA greeting.

3. The primary AA greeting has a directory number associated with it, in conjuction with a Call Manager CTI route point. All calls to the remote site go to that number, which is then forwarded to the main remote AA greeting.

There are still a few calls per day that are getting through. I have turned on all sorts of micro and macro traces per the TAC, but the logs do not appear to show the information I am looking for.

Any suggestions?

3 Replies 3

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Couple things - you may want to check out the "Audio text applications in Unity" paper on the Documents page of www.CiscoUnityTools.com if you haven't already. It covers the issues such as you discuss here in the contexts of what you can/can't do in a simple tenant services scenario (which has the same type of problems to deal with).

I think the assumption that they're getting there by pressing "0" may not be accurate - possible but it could be that they're getting there through other means. My first guess would be that you're getting bit by the _four_ exit points off name lookup handlers - the SA currently only exposes one of them (in 4.0(4) this will be addressed). The Audio Text Manager tool exposes all 4 so you can close that potential hole.

You could also be getting bit by the after greeting/after message action somewhere - caller leaves a message and then gets routed to the opening greeting (this isn't the default behavior but it coudl be there).

That is a good document.

I believe they may be getting there in error by hitting * and going to sign-in. I just disabled that on all call handlers to see if that makes a difference.

I had also changed the Goodbye to go to the site operator call handler, and just changed that on each of the subscribers just in case.

I am not sure about the opening greeting....I just created a new one but have to do a little more reading to figure out how to bring that into play. I am not sure that it is, since all calls to the site auto-attendant come in as a forward off the CTI route point for the extenstion of the main call handler.

rversluis
Level 1
Level 1

OK, fixed it. I used Audio Text Manager to look at each of the trees. The # key on each call handler was the culprit, because sometimes people would try to hit 0 and actually hit #, taking them to the opening greeting which was outside of the tree.

I used bulk edit to remove that option from all the call handlers, and the problem went away.

Rolf

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: