Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Auto Attendant

nafrasiyabov
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there.

have a little issue here.. i need to configure Auto Attendant in unity Version 2.0.1.2000-337. when you call AA first standard Opening Greeting plays, and if you don't take any action greeting transfers you to Operator. there is a slight delay between played sound and transferring action. i need this delay to be more than standard. who can i change this time between greeting and transferring call to the operator?

and secon quest.

how can i make this: when somebody calls from outside how i can send call directly to the unity? i mean my companies outside number is xxx yyyy, and when i call from outside this number i need call to be transferred to Auto Attendant

phuuu..im done..

thanks for your soon reply fellow!

22 Replies 22

Wanes,

Well, what DO you hear?

Open up the Port Status Monitor tool from the Tools Depot under Integration Tool and go to Settings>Real Time View. Then make the call again and you'll see exactly where the call is going and what call handler/user you're hitting.

If you're running Unity Connection, you will need to download the Port Status Monitor tool from ciscounitytools.com onto a client and run it that way.

Brad

I'm monitoring the call go to correct call handler and after to openning greering instead go to of my recorded greeting in call handler.

What are the call transfer settings for this call handler?

Brandon

In version Cisco Unity Connection 2.1.2.1000-380 have not "call transfer" settings, but "Transfer Option" settings where in parameter "Transfer Calls To:", both options "Greeting" or "Extension" set, the call go to openning greeting after correct call handler. Instead go to of my recorded greeting in call handler.

Please, i need help!

I'm a bit confused about what's actually happening on your system - you may need to open a case with TAC so they can get into your system and look at your configuration, this should be very simple.

In response to the port status monitor view request you say "I'm monitoring the call go to correct call handler and after to openning greering instead go to of my recorded greeting in call handler."

What? I don't understand what you're saying here.

Where is the call going? To the opening greeting? That's wrong. Is it going to the call handler you created with the extension but playing the wrong greeting?

If it's going to the opening greeting call handler, is Unity getting the correct forwarding number? If not you have a switch configuration issues - definitely talk to TAC about that.

If the call is going to the correct call handler but playing the wrong greeting then make sure you set the alternate greeting as active and recorded to make sure you're not getting burned by a schedule issue or the busy greeting playing or whatever.

The transfer settings on the call handler wont matter - the first handler Unity passes the call to via the routing rules skips transfer rules anyway to avoid "loops", so that doesn't come into play here.

In version Cisco Unity Connection 2.1.2.1000-380 have not "call transfer" settings, but "Transfer Option" settings where in parameter "Transfer Calls To:", both options "Greeting" or "Extension" set, the call go to openning greeting after correct call handler. Instead go to of my recorded greeting in call handler.

Hi,

If you are in Unity Connection, can you play your greeting via computer or phone? Because I had it today that I imported a WAV-file, but couldn't play it (importing works fine!). After saving it as ulaw/8kHz/8bit WAV-file, I was able to play to my computer and if I dialed the DN, my call handler was playing the WAV-file :-)

Hope this helps!

Greets,

David

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: