cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

unity automated attendant

wplantier
Level 1
Level 1

I have created a CTI port in my CUCM 7 and a call handler in Unity has that CTI number. When I dial the CTI port from internally I get you have been forwarded to a voice mail system. I should get my opening greeting. I am just testing unity before I implement the automated attendant. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

5 Replies 5

Bradford Magnani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Spencer,

Unity or Unity Connection?

If Unity, open up the Port Status Monitor tool from the Tools Depot under Integration Tool and go to Settings>Real Time View. Then make the call again and you'll see exactly where the call is going and what call handler/user you're hitting.

If you're running Unity Connection, you will need to download the Port Status Monitor tool from ciscounitytools.com onto a client and run it that way.

Hope that helps,

Brad

It is in Unity. When I dial it, it does not show up on the ports

If it's not hitting the ports, then you may want to check to make sure that the Voice Mail Profile set on the CTI Route Point is indeed configured to point to the correct Unity server pilot.

I got it to work. I had the forward all to vm check box check. Another question when I dial the extension it sends it to the vm box. How would I send to call manager to dial the extension.

Hi -

The forward all to voicemail checkbox will override any other call coverage option settings, such as failover coverage if the CTI (or for that matter Unity is down). If you want the call to ring a phone first and then cover to voicemail if busy or ring no answer, don't use a CTI route point, use a Phone with Directory number configuration instead.

Ginger

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: