Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Unity Backup

Anyone using Acronis or Ghost to take a snapshot of their Unity server for DR purposes?

3 REPLIES

Re: Unity Backup

I'm sure acronis will work for the OS, but will fail at SQL. Ghost will probably take a snapshot of the system pre-os start. But again' its the the SQL that may throw it off.

Best bet... buy an extra drive and mirror the spare drive. pull it out and keep it for backup

It says it can do databases. Yep I'm buying a second Unity server and going to rotate the drives.

So with the backup agent or whatever you use... It will probably work with one Unity server... TAC may not support it, but oh well. But the trick with failover is that if the backup software starts to slow down the database or not triggers it go offline for a brief second, Unity could see this as an error and failover to the backup server.... so just keep that in your bag of tricks when you do try this.

I use the arconis at home and it's great for creating images to a USB drive....

good luck!

Views
Helpful
Replies