cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Blind Transfer via PIMG problem

nweddle
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Unity 5.0(1) server we've just setup to replace our existing system. I have it connected to one of our NEC NEAX 2000 IPS PBXs via a Dialogic PIMG 1008LS with serial integration through the PIMG.

I have integration working and most everything seems fine. But if I call Unity and enter an extension the blind transfer fails.

If I watch on the port status monitor is shows it tries a xfer then plays the subscriber greeting then hangs up and the caller ends up getting the opening greeting. During all that the caller only hears MOH with a brief cut out and the subscriber extension never rings.

I'm hoping I'm just missing something easy.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

eschulz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Traces from the PIMG might tells us more but my initial guess would be that the PBX is sending a special (stutter?) dialtone when PIMG does the hookflash to initiate the transfer. PIMG could see this as an error tone rather than dialtone, which would cause the transfer to fail.

-Eric

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

eschulz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Traces from the PIMG might tells us more but my initial guess would be that the PBX is sending a special (stutter?) dialtone when PIMG does the hookflash to initiate the transfer. PIMG could see this as an error tone rather than dialtone, which would cause the transfer to fail.

-Eric

Yes, we will need all the Tel traces from the PIMG

I looked at the PIMG config page again and there is a "Wait for dialtone after flash hook" setting. It's not mentioned in the setup manual. I set it to "No" and now it works. So it looks like your guess was right.

Thanks for the help,

Nathan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: