Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Unity bridge server hardware replacement

Hi -

I've consulted the Bridge networking guide regarding the sections on how to move the Unity bridge to a new server, configure the Unity bridgehead server etc. and this looks easy enough to do. On the current server, we are using a Brooktrout TR114 4-port card. When I order the server hardware, do I need to order a new voice card, or can I reuse the one in the current server? Any caveats or recommendations for making this change as smoothly as possible?

Thanks in advance!

Ginger

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: Unity bridge server hardware replacement

Hi Ginger,

We tested the TR114 4-port in the latest shipping Bridge server, so you can reuse your existing card in the new server.

I'm not sure what the motivation is for buying a new server, but keep in mind the following caveats:

-if you want to use your existing TR114, you must install Windows 2000 on the Bridge server. The TR114 does not work on Windows 2003.

-if you are planning to increase the port capacity on your Bridge server, you can't mix the TR114 and the TR1034 (the TR1034 is what you would get if you ordered a new Bridge voice card from Cisco).

These and more info on Bridge 3.1 system requirements are here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/prod_system_requirements_hardware09186a00806b97f8.html#wp33349

Views
Helpful
Replies