Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity - Broadcast Distribution list - Restrict to some user

Hi there, I have Unity 2.1.0 ( not integrated with exchange ) I can create a distribution list but every user can access this one with Unity Inbox or with their personnal voice mail from the phone. I would like to make a broadcast distribution list that would be available to only one or two user.

how is that possible

thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

it's an all or nothing setting - so users in that COS can't message to _any_ public distribution lists. If that's ok then that'll work fine. Seems a bit brutal, though...

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Couple things here.

1. I assume this is Connection 2.1, right?

2. Broadcast messages are something entirely different - public DLs are not used for these. I assume you're just talking about sending a voice mail to a public DL by addressing to it directly by ID or name as a signed in subscriber.

There's no way to restrict which DLs are seen by which users in 2.x. In Connection 7 you can use partitions and search spaces for this. You can put large DLs you don't want folks getting at into their own partition and then add that partition to search spaces assigned to users that you want to be able to address to them (i.e. admins or manager types or whatever). Everyone who does not have that partition in their search space will not be able to address messages to that DL (they wont be able to find them in the directory).

I think with COS I will be able to create a profile with no access to distribution list and another one with an access to distribution list. I can basicly configure everybody in the one that have no access with DL and one or two user with the access, what do you think

it's an all or nothing setting - so users in that COS can't message to _any_ public distribution lists. If that's ok then that'll work fine. Seems a bit brutal, though...

ok thanks for the answer, for us it would be a good solution...

One last question regarding this,

in the COS we can allow or not a user to access the distribution list, it seems that it only affect when a user is reaching is voice mail, then select the option to send a message to use a distribution list. In other word, if allow is check or uncheck, it doesn't affect the Unity Inbox Tool, the user will be able to send a message to a DL with Unity inbox tool.

do you have an alternate idea to restrict not only to the Voice Mail DL message but also to Unity inbox :)