cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Bulk Edit tool auto update from unitytools.com

valagappan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I tried to use the Bulk Edit tool within Cisco Unity and had to update the Bulk Edit tool when prompted to download update from unitytools.com. Did so, and after I ran the patch, I get the following error everytime I run the Bulk edit tool:

"Error in form load routine. Description=Permission denied Number= 0"

Any ideas?

Thankyou,

Veera

5 Replies 5

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Unity version? if you click through the dialog does it continue to run or what?

Hi Jeff, I thought of making a note of the Unity version before I posted, but forgot.

Unity version is 4.0(4)sr1

And yes, if I click through the dialog I can continue further. But this was not happening before though.

Thankyou,

Veera

hmmm... ok, it's not happening on my 4.1(1) box at home here. I'll run through it on a 4.0(4) install tomorrow. I suspect it's related to updated version/location checking logic added for the upcoming 4.2(1) release not being backwards compatible with older versions.

Hi Jeff,

A little off topic here but I do have a very important question for you. Whenever I check the Forum on weekends my wife (Carmen) laughs and calls me "big geek", how does Heidi handle that fact that you actually have a running Unity at home. Is there any undercurrent of jealousy? Just kidding!! You must be the most dedicated employee that Cisco has,and they should count their lucky stars that they have people like you!

Keep up the great work and Thanks for all your sage advice!

Take care.

Rob

Well - no easy ones here. It tried it on a 4.0(3) and a 4.0(5) system in the lab and there's no problems - I walked the startup code and I don't see anything that would cause an issue right off hand.

So I guess I'll have to get more details about it from you - you can email me off line: lindborg at cisco dot com. We'll see if we can't figure out why your config is complaining and mine aren't.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: