Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unity busy ports monitoring

Hello,

We would like to generate an alarm (event viewer) if a port stays busy for a certain period of time.

Anyways to achieve this ?

Fred

4 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Unity busy ports monitoring

Currently there's no supported external interface to get this information - an updated version of the RSK (remote servicibility kit) is in the works. It spits out current status for every port when you query it (via SNMP) so you could, for instance, check the port status for each port once a minute or the like and keep track of ones that are not changing state over a long period of time.

I don't have a release date for the updated RSK yet but it's being worked on now.

Thanks for your reply, for sure I'm really i nterrested when this new RSK will be available.

How can I be informed when it will be avial?

Fred

Hello,

I have recently been investigating port lockups on our 4.0(5) unity server. I have set an e-mail alert in the "Event Monitoring Service" for the following:

Event Type: Warning

Event Source: CiscoUnity_Miu

Event Category: Warning

Event ID: 584

Date: 2005/11/02

Time: 11:42:10

User: N/A

Computer: XXXXXXXXXX

Description:

Port 3 has been busy since 2005-11-02 11:47:21. The system threshold is 240 minutes, indicating that this port is currently unavailable and may be unable to handle further calls.

I just set this up today so I'm not sure if this would accomplish what you're looking for or not....

J

Hi Jason,

This is exactly what I'm trying to achieve, except that I would like to set the system threshold to 60 minutes.

And I don't know where to modify this parameter

So if you have some ideas they will be welcome.

Fred

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content