Helpful
Replies

Unity Call Handler Plays Greeting instead of Transfer

michael.deal
Level 1
Level 1

The Setup:

CTI RP in CCM 5.1.1b CFA to Voicemail.

Call Handler is configured to transfer back to an extension (with Hunt Group attached) during business hours.

If I call the Call Handler, Unity is playing the Call Handler greeting, rather than observing the transfer function.

thanks!

mike

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Unity version?

How are you calling the call handler? This is critical information - if you're dialing the extension of the call handler from the opening greeting that's one scenario, if you're fowarding from an extension that is assigned to the call handler directly, that's another.

Another thing to check is make sure you're testing with the alternate transfer rule - this over rides the standard and off hours rules so you make sure you're working with the active rule that way.

If you're forwarding from extension "1234" and you have a call handler setup with "1234" then the transfer rule will be skipped by design - this is to prevent "Transfer loops" which can be deadly. You can get around this by chaining a couple call handlers together such that the "first call" flag is cleared. If that's not what you're doing, let us know since it's likely a configuration problem then.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Unity version?

How are you calling the call handler? This is critical information - if you're dialing the extension of the call handler from the opening greeting that's one scenario, if you're fowarding from an extension that is assigned to the call handler directly, that's another.

Another thing to check is make sure you're testing with the alternate transfer rule - this over rides the standard and off hours rules so you make sure you're working with the active rule that way.

If you're forwarding from extension "1234" and you have a call handler setup with "1234" then the transfer rule will be skipped by design - this is to prevent "Transfer loops" which can be deadly. You can get around this by chaining a couple call handlers together such that the "first call" flag is cleared. If that's not what you're doing, let us know since it's likely a configuration problem then.

I was hitting the Call Handler directly.

I worked with TAC and reworked the Call Handler to have a blank greeting and Attempt Transfer for the same Call Handler. It then observes the Call Transfer settings.

Is this design feature documented somewhere? I'm sure I could pick up some other tips..

dconstantino
Level 4
Level 4

First in the Call Handle make sure the greeting check lable Blank is checked. Then make sure you have choosen transfer to subscriber not transfer to greeting under the greeting section.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: