Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Call Routing for Forwarded Calls

jamessohotha
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I was wondering whether its possible to get the Attempt Foward handler to forward the call to the subscriber mailbox even if the extension is not listed as an alternate extension for that mailbox.

I need to get the system to just accept call forwards to voicemail no matter who the original called party was.

This would be for a Unity 4.0(3) system

3 Replies 3

eschulz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Forwarded calls where the redirecting number does not match a Subscriber (or Call Handler) should still be accepted. In a standard config such calls will follow the Default Call Handler routing rule, which sends calls to Attempt transfer for Opening Greeting. You of course can change this to send calls wherever you want, or you can insert one or more specific rules for nearly limitless possibilities.

But what I need unity to do is use the forwarding number as the ID rather than the calling number. For example:

Currently if extn 1234 forwards to extn 5678 which then forwards to VM - Unity will look for subscriber ID (or alternate extension) 1234

What I would need it to do is use the Forwarding number as the ID (5678) and to look up that subscriber.

Is this possible and if so what changes need to be made??

Ah ok, so this is a question of first redirecting number versus last redirecting number. While both values are likely being provided by CCM, Unity 4.x will only look for the first redirecting number. I believe in Unity 5.0 this will be configurable via a system wide parameter. Look for more details on this when 5.0 is released.

-Eric