cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity - caller transfer from 1 VM box to subscriber phone RNA/RB routing

Bill CARTER
Level 5
Level 5

I want to call subscriber A, when I get the VM greeting, dial a subscriber B's extension, but on subscriber B RNA/RB be able to leave VM for subscriber A.

4 Replies 4

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Not entirely sure I grasp what you're trying to do here. So if someone calls subscriber B's phone direclty and it forwards into voice mail I assume you want the message left for subscriber B, right?

So essentially you want Unity to know that subscriber A's phone was tried first before you tried subscriber B and to know that in that scenario subscriber A should get the message?

No, there's no way to do this in the scenario you describe.

If you have A forward to B and someone calls A and it forward RNA to B which then forwards to Unity you can control if the first or last redirecting number is used when looking up the subscriber (i.e. if the user gets Subscriber A or Subscriber B's greeting). But the auto attendant "try A then try B but leave message for A then" is not something that can be accomodated unless you want _all_ calls that forward from B to be leave messages for A - which doesn't sound like what you want.

Thanks Jeff.

"So if someone calls subscriber B's phone direclty and it forwards into voice mail I assume you want the message left for subscriber B, right?" - YES

"So essentially you want Unity to know that subscriber A's phone was tried first before you tried subscriber B and to know that in that scenario subscriber A should get the message? " - YES

"If you have A forward to B and someone calls A and it forward RNA to B which then forwards to Unity you can control if the first or last redirecting number is used when looking up the subscriber (i.e. if the user gets Subscriber A or Subscriber B's greeting)." - THIS IS WHAT I WANT TO DO. HOW?

In CCM you can configure VoiceMail Profiles,

There is an option under VM Profile called VM mask.

In Phone A configure VM Mask of B.

Ithought of that. I talked more with the customer and said if someone gets A's VM and transfers to subscriber B, then they don't care about leaving VM to sub A.

Thanks for the help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: