Helpful
Replies

Unity Calling Number presentation

f.giordano
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have a small scenario running with CCM and UNITY:

A PSTN phone(555555) calls Unity which play a welcome prompt and then transfer the call to the CCM on a specific phone.

When the phone receive the call, it shows "Call from UNITY". I'd like to have "Call from 555555" (the original calling number).

Is it possible to do it ???

Thank you all

Fabian

3 Replies 3

mrmccann
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is possible with Unity and CallManager 4.2(3) and later.

Please see section "(Cisco Unified CallManager 4.2(3) and Later 4.2(x) Releases Only) Impact of the Original Calling Party on Transfer Feature" in this integration guide:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/prod_configuration_guide09186a00805f167d.html

I'm running Unity 4.0(5) and CCM 4.2(3)...

I searched after the Original Calling Party Presentation. Changes the field to true...

It works fine !

Thanks a lot

C U

Fabian

eschulz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

When Unity performs a transfer it does it like any single line phone would. It puts the caller on hold, places an outbound consultation call, then releases the transfer. During the outbound consultation call, Unity is the calling party. Thus it is expected behavior that the target phone display will show Unity as the calling party. After the transfer is released, most phone systems (CCM included) should update the target phone's display to indicate the new connected party. This will happen more quickly if Unity is configured for blind transfers rather than supervised.

-Eric