cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity calls my office operator!

cybrsage
Level 1
Level 1

Here is an odd item I have run into. I am running CCM 5.04a and Unity 4.2.1.

Every couple of minutes, the operator (extension 2490, which is also extension 0) gets a call from a random voicemail port. It rings once then hangs up.

I have verified the "press 0 to transfer to an operator) works properly from both inside and outside the network.

Any ideas?

Points for all who help!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Could it be a Message Notification set for a voicemail box? When a new message is left, it will dial the number in the notification list.

Also, what do you have your MWI "on" and "Off" extensions set to? Because if set the MWI for the same as an extension, it could be dialing.

You can open up Call Viewer in Unity Tools and watch the monitor to see where the call came from and the reason.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Could it be a Message Notification set for a voicemail box? When a new message is left, it will dial the number in the notification list.

Also, what do you have your MWI "on" and "Off" extensions set to? Because if set the MWI for the same as an extension, it could be dialing.

You can open up Call Viewer in Unity Tools and watch the monitor to see where the call came from and the reason.

I will watch it and see what comes up.

The WMI ports are set to their own extensions, and are not in the same range as the phones (24xx for phones, 29xx for voicemail ports and MWI ports).

I did find two subscribers (using the dump tool) that had wierd mwi settings...two entries, one of them blank. I deleted both and re-created the one they should have (just an X in it - all the others are like that).

Hi -

I would also look at your CallManager trace information and if you want a more detailed look at the code running in each voicemail port, run Unity Port Status Monitor from Unity Tools Depot. You mentioned it was from a random voicemail port, does that mean its always the same port or changes port number? In the Unity port configuration of the SA, look to see which ports you have configured for MWI, Notification, and TraP. One last thing, it's a stretch ... are you running the current version of ViewMail 4.2 or not using ViewMail? There was a previous bug in ViewMail 4.0(4) where TRaP calls would ring the phone once and then hang up due to a bug.

Ginger

After watching the calls, and looking at the MWI setting for each user, I found two of them with corrupted MWI settings.

Once I corrected that, the problem went away.

Thanks!

eschulz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Could also be folks hitting your "press 0 to transfer to an operator" but then hanging up before the transfer completes. You might be able to narrow it down some just by keeping tabs on which random ports the calls come from. Lower numbered ports would typcially be handling callers and attempting transfers. Higher numbered ports would be trying to do MWI or Notifications. Of course the detailed traces from CCM or Unity would really give you the answer if you can find your way through them.

-Eric

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: