cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Change Voice Codec

scottiptel
Level 1
Level 1

I have Unity 4.03, 1000 total user. 600 local users and 200 remote VM users. I want to process all the Calls to Unity in G.729. Right now local calls to Unity are in G.711 and remote calls are in G.729 configured the regions in CCM. How I can change the codec for all the calls to G.711. CCM 4.01

5 Replies 5

kechambe
Level 7
Level 7

Unith change HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Active Voice\AvSkinny

from

"G729 Enabled"=dword:00000001

to

"G729 Enabled"=dword:00000000

After you reboot Unity is will no longer advertise g.729 support during codec negotiation.

Thanks,

Keith

scottiptel
Level 1
Level 1

If I have to change everything to G.729 from G.711, what can I do.

You would have to set the region to g.729 only.

Just curious -- why would you only want g.729 to Unity if phones were going to do g.711? Remember that the codec the call comes in at is not what determines what it is recorded in. I can't think of a reason why you would want g.729 over g.711. Usually people hard set Unity to g.711 so that a hardware transcoder can be invoked. That is the only reason I can think of to mess with the codecs the TSP uses.

Anyway -- hope this helps...

Keith

Thanks,

How can I change the recordings to G.729 in Unity. I want to minisize the storage space.

You can use the Set Record Format tool to change the codec. Please note that this tool will not convert the existing messages to g729. This applies only for new messages after the change.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: