Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Unity changing Orig. DN when transfering to IPCC Express

We're running Unity 4.0(5) integrated with Domino. The issue I'm having is that Unity appears to be changing the Original Dialing Number when transferring calls to our IPCC Express applications. What we have is:

800 # -> call manager -> send to Unity Opening Greeting -> option to transfer to an ACD group.

The Call Hander invoked when the Opening Greeting gives callers the option to transfer to an ACD group is set to Transfer the call directly to the IPCC Express application's extension.

Transfer incoming calls? -> "Yes, ring a subscriber at this extension"

Transfer type: -> "Release to switch"

The problem I'm seeing is that in the IPCC Express reporting, the Original Dialing number is showing as 1100, 1101, 1102,... etc., as those are our VM Ports.

Any ideas on how to ensure Unity is sending the proper Dialing Number to the IPCC Express application? Thanks.

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: Unity changing Orig. DN when transfering to IPCC Express

Unity does not 'send' a dialed number. It simply performs a basic transfer. When performing a transfer it places the original call on hold and initiates a consultation call to the destination. For this new call leg, Unity is the calling party. Thus the target phone should see Unity's extension number as the calling party number.

Once the transfer is released, the phone system should update the endpoints with the new connected party. i.e. a display phone as the transfer target would now see the orginal callers number as the connected party.

-Eric

Views
Helpful
Replies