cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection 1.1.1.0 Greeting Query

John Gowen
Level 1
Level 1

I have a customer that wishes to disable Unity Adding the message - "record you message at the tone when you are finished ...." after a personalised greeting. I have been unable to do this. Does anyone know how I can do this?

2 Replies 2

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

In Connection there's no easy way to go about this since the prompts involved are part of a hard coded system greeting that's used in several places. Unity 4.2(1) and later added the option to make this as well as the "I'll transfer you now" prompt played on transfer attempts configurable on a per user/handler basis. Connection 1.x does not offer that configuration option at this point (it will in the 2.x line).

So to pull this off in the 1.x line you have to manually update some prompts. Be aware that this is not TAC supported or supported by the BU. Future upgrades will over write these changes and you'll have to do this again.

Here's a link to a post talking about how to do this with older Unity versions - the same instructions work with Connection 1.x:

http://forums.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=IP%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=Unified%20Communications&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40%5E1%40%40.eeaf10d/0#selected_message

thanks for your help and being so prompt.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: