Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection 2.0 disable welcome message

James Hawkins
Level 8
Level 8

Hi,

I have Unity Connection 2.0 and want to disable the message listed below which plays when a call is forwarded to a subscriber mailbox.

The reason for this is that calls are being forwarded from IPCC to Unity Connection and the request to leave a message is contained in the IPCC IVR prompt.

With the default subscriber settings the message played is:

"Extension 1234 is not available. Record your message at the tone. When you are finished hang up or hold for more options."

I have managed to disable the first part of the message by going to Users > Greetings > Standard and changing the "Callers Hear" option from "My Personal Recording" to "Nothing"

The greeting is now:

"Record your message at the tone. When you are finished hang up or hold for more options."

Can anyone tell me how I can get rid of this last part?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

In CUC 2.0/2.1 there's no way to disable that prompt (it's linked to the record state, not the greeting). In Unity 5.0 you can turn it off on a per greeting basis - Connection 7.0 (going to EFT next month) has the same option which will solve this issue.

In earlier versions of Windows CUC and Unity you could also replace the prompt in question with a blank one - unfortunately in CUC 2.x access to the file system is restricted and this isn't possible without root access.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

In CUC 2.0/2.1 there's no way to disable that prompt (it's linked to the record state, not the greeting). In Unity 5.0 you can turn it off on a per greeting basis - Connection 7.0 (going to EFT next month) has the same option which will solve this issue.

In earlier versions of Windows CUC and Unity you could also replace the prompt in question with a blank one - unfortunately in CUC 2.x access to the file system is restricted and this isn't possible without root access.

lindborg - thanks for the excellent reply.

After reading about replacing prompts with blanks in Windows Unity versions I was afraid this might be the case.

Is there any other option that could be used? For example, if I configured an Interview Handler with just one question and a blank prompt would this work (assuming the Call Routing is configured ok).

There's a clever idea - if you don't need time of day transfer rules or time of day greetings or user input key response options or the ability to dial extensions then the interview handler would work for you here. Blank questions are allowed so it should do what you want here - right off hand I'm not sure if CUC 2.0 has any special length restrictions for handler responses as opposed to message lengths (I don't have a 2.0 system to test against right handy) - but I'm reasonably sure as long as all you want to happen is for Conneciton to go off hook and start recording and then bail out that would work for you.

Just tried the interview handler and it works :-).

I did have to record a prompt (0.5 seconds of silence) as it would not work until I did so.

Thanks for your help lindborg!

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for your suggestion. In my case, I'd like to play each users recorded personal greeting "Hi, you've reached the voice mail of.." followed by a just beep and the recording.

Am I correct that the workaround via interview handler won't work here because I'd need one for every single user?

Thanks in advance for your follow up.

Cheers

/David

well, technically I suppose you could do that but boy... what a grind! You'd have to create an interview handler for each and every subscriber and set the recipient for the interviewer to the subscriber, put their greeting as the first question etc... there's no way to manage the greeting for interviewers over the phone, you can't control user input (i.e. like one key rules for handers/subscribers) in interview handlers among other things. It'd be a pretty awfull thing to have to maintain, can't imagine that would work out.

Connection 7.0 handles this cleanly and properly and is going to EFT here in a couple weeks - if it were me, I'd hang tight for that...

Thanks Jeff for your confirmation. I'll wait for Connection 7.0 :)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: