cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection 2.1 - Increase Storage Capacity

dvaggalis
Level 1
Level 1

Is there any way to increase the storage capacity on CUC 2.1? I have a MCS 7845 -H2-K9-UCA1 server. It has (8) drive bays, with (4) 72G drives loaded, is (4) the max number of drives CUC 2.1 support? Can I replace the 72G drives with larger drives?

If I upgrade to CUC 7.0, this has larger drives (160G), I assume this means increased storage capacity?

3 Replies 3

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi -

I checked around and found the Unity Connection Reconfiguration Guide, which discusses how to change disk capacity when upgrading Unity Connection from 2.x to 7.x. Here is the document link - http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/7x/upgrade/guide/7xcucrug010.html#wpmkr1055184

There is a section titled "Installing a Memory Upgrade or Replacing Hard Disks (Selected Servers Only)" you will want to read. The server you are currently running on may require both memory and disk in order to be compatible with version 7.x, the same doc includes a link to the compatible hardware configurations. I did not find any document that referenced adding disk capacity to an operational Unity Connection server. Only having just started working with Unity Connection, what doesn't make sense to me is how you can remove all the Unity Connection drives and reinstall new drives with larger capacity and install Unity Connection - unless this assumes restoring customer data from backup (which I don't see mentioned anywhere). I know Unity Connection has the active/inactive boot partition, which you'd think you would lose when replacing all drives. Perhaps the upgrade from 2.x to 7.x includes scripts that address this?

Ginger

Ginger,

Thanks for doing my research :-) it will definitely come in handy. Talking with some other engineers, the general opinion is that 2.0 does not support drives larger than 72G.

Not applicable

Hi there,

did you resolve this query in the end? I am in a similar predicament and wondering the best path to upgrade from Unity Connection v2 on 72GB disks to Unity Connection v7 on 142GB disks while still retaining user data/voicemail etc.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

thanks

Dave

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: