Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection 7.1.2.31900-1 A/A Publisher "Not Functioning"

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello all,

Just wondering if anyone has seen this type of issue and perhaps any resolution

Our A/A setup has been working well until yesterday, the Publisher was acting as Primary

and Sub was Secondary all of a sudden users started to complain that they could not leave

any voicemail messages for each other. The calls would forward properly to CUC but the user

would hear an "error 520 message" and no VM could be left. We switched over to the Sub

acting as Primary and all is good (working as designed). All Singleton services started up

on the Sub acting as Primary as they should.

The part that doesn't make any sense is that the Sub sees the Pub as "Not Functioning"

when viewed from the Cluster config. If you look at the Pub all proper services seem to be running

etc. etc. We cannot switch back in this state so we are no longer running in a redundant

setup

We have a TAC case open

SR 613564555 - Unity Connection Failed-over

Anyone have any thoughts??

Cheers!

Rob

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Bradford Magnani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey Rob!

I had a situation with a customer in the past similar to yours.  We went through the re-config guide and renegotiated the cluster status/data on the publisher by pushing the data from the good subscriber to the publisher by issuing the following from the subscriber CLI:  utils cuc cluster renegotiate

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/7x/upgrade/guide/7xcucrug040.html#wp1052015

To Connect the Subscriber Server to the New Connection Cluster

Step 1 Log on to the command-line interface (CLI) for the subscriber server.

Step 2 Run the CLI command utils cuc cluster renegotiate.

Note When the CLI command completes, the publisher server automatically restarts.

Step 3 Run the CLI command show cuc cluster status on the subscriber server to confirm that the new Connection cluster has been configured correctly.

Give that a shot and see if that helps.

Brad

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Bradford Magnani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey Rob!

I had a situation with a customer in the past similar to yours.  We went through the re-config guide and renegotiated the cluster status/data on the publisher by pushing the data from the good subscriber to the publisher by issuing the following from the subscriber CLI:  utils cuc cluster renegotiate

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/7x/upgrade/guide/7xcucrug040.html#wp1052015

To Connect the Subscriber Server to the New Connection Cluster

Step 1 Log on to the command-line interface (CLI) for the subscriber server.

Step 2 Run the CLI command utils cuc cluster renegotiate.

Note When the CLI command completes, the publisher server automatically restarts.

Step 3 Run the CLI command show cuc cluster status on the subscriber server to confirm that the new Connection cluster has been configured correctly.

Give that a shot and see if that helps.

Brad

Hey Brad,

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly

I like this idea, although I probably can't run this during business hours

can I?? We have not had great success with our TAC case so far, probably due

to some time difference problems (PST vs MST). In fairness to the engineer involved

I will keep your suggestion in my back pocket for a little bit, but I'm pretty sure

you are really on the right track here. Do you have any TAC Case number I can pass along

to him?

Thanks for your help my friend! +5 for you!

Cheers!

Huff

No problem.  I would recommend like you said, doing it off hours.  I've emailed you the case #.

Brad

Hey Rob,

This is a common issue on CUC 7.1.2, the replication breaks and the Sub takes the Active role, when I was working in TAC we used to renegotiate the replication between the two servers and then, force the Primary to be active.

You can try these commands:

utils cuc cluster activate (On both)

utils cuc cluster renegotiate (On the Sub)

utils cuc cluster makeprimary (on the Pub)

You should give it around 15 minutes to complete, if the problem persists after running these commands, could you please get the output of a "utils cuc create report" command and post it here? You will need to "file get" the file.

HTH

--espereir

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey Esteban,

Thanks for following up here my friend (+5)

We did resolve this issue with an ES that was issued

to us from the great people @ TAC. We've subsequently

upgraded to 7.1(3b)su2 which has proven to be an excellent build

Cheers!

Rob

WOW, I checked the post date and it was quite old., I better start checking the date before posting

--espereir

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: