cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection 7.1.2 Prepend Digit

p.horwood
Level 1
Level 1

Using Default system Transfer I am trying to route calls to CUCM which uses an internal dialplan. SO caller dials 4567 I want to prepend 88 and send to CUCM to dial 884567. I cant get the prepend to work. I have tried on Call Handler and user under the Caller Input page. Any ideas

8 Replies 8

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Have you tried using a translation pattern in CUCM instead??

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

It would work apart from we have a lot of sites with for example 1000 so we need to prepend the site code. If I used a translation pattern I wont know what site code to prepend

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

In Unity 5x and 7x you could unhide the menu in callhandlers that would prepend digits dialed by the caller.

Im not sure if this is the same in CUC. Bascially, if you had a caller hit a Callhandler, and the announcement said "dial an extension at anytime" The caller may only know "4567". But when the new server was built, all CUC extensions are now 7 digits.

At least in Unity 5x and 7x, we could unhide this menu in advance tools in tools depot and then the prepend menu would come up. Works like a champ. BUT I have not tested in CUC, if its even there.

You may have issues if the prepend menu is not there. Translations alone will probably not solve this. Hence, its easier to use 7 digits at the mailbox for many reasons. But the customer has to be willing to lose 4 digit dialing from the menu (if prepend option is not in CUC)

Thanks for the reply - there is a prepend option there but cant get it to work. Mailboxes are 8 digits but callers will only know 4 digits unless I have the opening greeting saying "Please dial 8888 followed by the 4 digit extn" but the prepend should work

If the mailboxes are 7 or 8 digits, the caller must enter then, the caller simply enters the 4 digit mailbox then.

So for example:

Mailbox is 7005000

Caller hits CH menu. Dials 5000

Unity then prepends 7005000 and sends it CUCM.

If CUCM can not find the 7005000, then you need to allow the Unity ports to hit the PT/CSS the line is in with 7005000.

(not sure how CUCM is setup)

You can do an easy test. Setup a System Transfer where the caller enters in the 7005000. Unity will then transfer this (check your restrictions table also!). If it fails again, its because CUCM is not to take the call from Unity. (PT/CSS/Trans, etc)

Thanks - All extns are in Ownnet/PT if caller dials 7005000 it works. If caller dials 5000 with 700 prepended it fails

you can download the port monitor to see if Unity is actually sending out the digits.

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/Applications/CxN/PortStatusMonitorCUC7x/PortStatusMonitorCUC7x.html

possibly a bug if you can dial it with system transfer, but the prepend does not.

p.horwood
Level 1
Level 1

Update:- Prepend only works from the Greeting message as far as I can see. Which I believe means that prepend cannot be used to call users that are not associated with a Unity account. Doesn anyone know different.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: