greeting, so you hear "Sorry" "You have reached ABC Company ...". I can't
figure out where the "Sorry" is coming from and how to stop it. Appreciate
any help with this.

REGARDS!

3 Replies 3

Bradford Magnani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is because you are recording the greeting on the "recorded name" section of the main call handler's profile page. You want to make sure you go to Edit>Greetings and record the greeting there for the Standard greeting.

Hope that helps,

Brad

This was my issue. We had the greeting uploaded to the Recorded Name on the User Basics screen rather than to the Edit Greetings section. I had the "My Personal Recording" selected under Caller Hears but it still would say "Sorry" at the beginning. Once I uploaded the custom greeting to the Recordings section on the Edit Greetings page the "Sorry" prompt went away. Thanks!!!!

pcherepanov
Level 1
Level 1

That's because the Call Handler doesn't have Owner attached to it. Open your System Call Handlers -> "New Company Greeting" handler. Go to Edit menu and select Call Handler Owners. Attach any user as the owner to that handler. The annoying "Sorry" message should disappear.

Thanks Cisco for an easy and convenient interface for finding and troubleshooting issues. Just wasted heaps of my time on this stupid error.