cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection 7.1 RedHat. email notification.

charles-moore
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Need a little Help.

I would like to know if it is possible for unity connection 7 to deliver voicemail notification via email.

I briefly worked on Unity 7, but I have configured email notification in the past on a Unity 4.x platform, configuring SMTP connector.

So my question: Is there an SMTP co

4 Replies 4

Bradford Magnani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Yes UC can send SMTP notifications via the SMTP Smart Host that you configure UC to point to.  UC will shoot off an SMTP notification to your SMTP mail relay and off it goes.  UC 7.1(2) and above can also send copies of the voicemails (email with .wav file attachment) to an SMTP smart host as well.  However, the original message will remain untouched in the inbox so it will still remain intact.

Here's more on Accept and Relay:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/7x/administration/guide/7xcucsag170.html#wp1091330

Hope that helps,

Brad

Cheers I shall have a look at the documentation.

I read the thread and everything is straight but wanted to offer a couple things:

1)  A lot of customers get confused with the term "SMTP Smart Host".  They feel it implies something that their servers probably can't do.  In reality though, it's just a fancy way to say "SMTP Relay" which is something a bit more intuitive to a lot of users.

2) Get the short on forwarding options by reading this: http://www.netcraftsmen.net/resources/blogs/voicemail-only-voicemail-relay-and-integrated-messaging-options-with-unity-connection.html?blogger=William+Bell and when you're done, you can refer to the Cisco docs for specifics on configuration.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

Thanks for the further clarification Hailey, +5

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: