cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection 7: Call Loop Detection by Using Extension

lfulgenzi
Level 7
Level 7

I'd like to use the call loop detection by using extension, but I can't see a way to enter the extensions of the voice mail ports in Unity Connection 7. What am I missing here?

I've enabled DTMF call loop detection which is working fine, but just wondering what's up.

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

that's not the way this is supposed to work, read this

Call Looping During Rule Processing

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/7x/troubleshooting/guide/7xcuctsg200.html#wp1051576

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Actually, it's not the call looping that I'm woried about, it's the voicemail notification loop that I'm trying to prevent.

So, I "accidentally" enter my extension as my message notification device and someone leaves me a message. It dials my extension, rings to voicemail, leaves another message (basically after the greeting, the prompts are recorded as your message). When that message is left, it rings my extension again, and it starts all over again.

In, Unity, by setting extensions on each port, Unity could tell that a forwarded call came from itself and stopped the process.

I'm thinking there's a bug somewhere where it doesn't allow you to enter extensions where it should.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: