cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection 7.x From Scratch Install Media

asafayan
Level 4
Level 4

We have a Unity 4.05 system in production.  We have two Unity servers in a failover deployment and a backend Exchange server.

I have two new servers purchased for the installation of Unity Connection 7.x. They were spec'ed by our Cisco Gold Reseller and meet the Cisco minimum hardware requirements.

I need to get Unity Connection 7.x installed on those new servers and perform a COBRA export of our Unity 4.05 data and then subsequently import that data via COBRA into the new Unity Connection 7.x servers. Once I've done that, I intend to test the new Unity Connection servers and if they are fully functional, I'll decommission the old Unity 4.05 servers.

With our Entitlement contract number, I see the following orderable software:

UNCN7-UTYMIG-K9=
Migration from Unity 4.x or later to Unity Cxn 7.x
UNITY-MS2003-UPG
Exchange VM-Runtime 2003 - For UCSS ONLY
UNITY-OS-UPG-K9=
Unity OS Upgrade - 2000 to 2003 - For SASU/UCSS ONLY
  View
UNITY5-SL32-VUPK9
Unity 5.X Version Upgrade from 4.X - 32 ports or less
  View
UNITY5-SL96-VUPK9
Unity 5.X Version Upgrade from 4.X - 33 ports or more
  View
UNITY7-32-K9-VUP=
Unity 7.0 Version Upgrade 32 Ports and Less
UNITY7-MAX-K9-VUP=
Unity 7.0 Version Upgrade More Than 32 Ports
UNITY7-SW-KIT-K9=
All Unity SW, Exch, Dom

I don't see any installation media that would allow me to perform a clean installation of Unity Connection on my new servers.  All I see is media to perform an in place upgrade and I do not want to do that as I have new servers.

Does anyone know if this media is available for new / clean installs of Unity Connection 7.x?

22 Replies 22

Hi Hari,

Thanks for the update.  What are your IBM X3650 M2 specs?  Specifically CPU, Memory and Drives size / number?

Regards,

Amir

IBM x 3650-M2

Xeon 4C E5540 80W

2.53GHz/1066MHz FSB/8MB L3,

2x4GB with 4 *146 GB hardisk

with 8 GB RAM

Raid controller MR0 i

Sorry forgot to give the important information.

I am installing CUCM 7.1(3b) on MCS7835-I3. The server came without any pre configuration.

2*146 GB HDD. Configured RAID1 though it dint work.

4GB memory

Single Intel 5504 Quad-core 2.00-GHz; last level cache: 8 MB

Thanks & Regards,

Amit.

Hi Hari,

I have the same issue with my MCS7835-I3. It is getting boot from the DVD, hardware check is also passed and then when it comes to installation it gives following error. No CM image found on disk. I guess it is an issue with my RAID configuration. Can you please tell me how did you do the RAID configuration. I would be grateful if you can share how did you check you RAID controller version and also how did you changed it? It seems I have the same issue.

Thanking you in anticipation.

Regards,

Amit.

In my specific case, the IBM hardware was unsupported and I was never able to install the media from scratch.  I'm in the process now of find suitable hardware and building VM images of the various applications - CUCM, UC, UCCX and Presense to build a test environment.

Hi Amir,

Thanks for your reply. But I already have hardware and the hardware check is also passed. But the issue is when it is about to start the installation.

So I need help for RAID configuration or any other Boot/System configurations that needs to be checked before installation.

Thanks,

Amit.

I ran into a similar issue today and need to wipe the our new servers (MCS7835I3-K9-UCB2) that came with version 8 loaded.  I started to use the IBM discs that came with the servers, but as it booted it wanted to preload windows drivers and info. Are there prep discs for these servers with raid drivers and everything else? Thanks

Sorry Luke - I have no idea.  I would open a TAC case.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: