cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection 8.0.2 BAT

1AirNorth
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to use the BAT to upload users and set up their email relay address.  I can successfully Create, Update and delete accounts using the BAT, but it will not update the Relay address.  It keeps using the internal format configured in the template.

any thoughts?

Thanks,

IM Frustrated         

3 Replies 3

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

It sounds like you are trying to update the users Connection SMTP address, which is used by the server for mail delivery. What you are trying to update is referred to as the SMTP Proxy address. If you do a full export, you will see it much later in the header row.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

davrojas
Level 3
Level 3

Hello Richard,

I think your issue is that when you perform the BAT update you have selected Yes on the "Indicate wheter you want to override individual CSV field settings with the settings from a user template:"  rather than No. See screen shot below:

Best Regards,

-D

-R

-P

1AirNorth
Level 1
Level 1

Solved!

When you update the RelayAddress from a csv file, you must also update one of the Message Actions in the file.

The message actions are:

0 - Reject the Message

1 - Accept the Message

2 - Relay the Message

3 - Accept and Relay the Message

The message actions can be applied to the following: (csv header)

Voicemail - (VoicemailAction)

Email - (EmailAction)

Fax - (FaxAction)

Delivery receipt - (DeliveryReceiptAction)

Minimum csv file headers (with example data) to create users with mailboxes:

Alias,Extension,VoicemailAction,RelayAddress

1231234,1231234,3,emailAddress

When using above file format, Select Yes to User Template and select a user template.

Minimum csv file headers (with example data) to update users with mailboxes

Alias,VoicemailAction,RelayAddress

1231234,3,emailAddress

Thanks for your replies.  It gave me some things to think about and different ideas to try.

Richard

emailAddress is the address you want to relay the messages to.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: