Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unity Connection 8.5.1 Backup was working before now it won't setup?

My Backups for my Unity Connection 8.5.1 have stopped working.  I had set it up when I first installed both the CUCM and Unity Connection 8.5.1, then I had to make a change in the network addresses on the backup server.  I was able to restart the backups on the CUCM no problem, however the Unity Connection server wont allow me to setup a new instance of the Backup Server.  Before I even get started setting up with the device it says at the bottom of the screen :

The Backup Device which is associated with 1 or more schedule(s) cannot be deleted.

It will allow me to go through the entire process of setting things up but will fail every time.  I have run traces on the network, and it never attempts to touch the SFTP server,   Can someone shed some light on this?

Thanks,  Mark

4 REPLIES

Unity Connection 8.5.1 Backup was working before now it won't se

Hi Mark,

This particular error means that the Schedule has to be deleted before making changes to the backup device. You have to delete the schedule before trying to make IP address change on the existing backup device, or you could create a new backup device and schedule altogether.

Please rate useful posts.

Thats what I thought I did, I went in and deleted the schedule, then deleted the backup device.  Now it won't let me create a new one, any idea how I can get it to allow me to get past this?

If there are no backup devices at all and then when you try to add a device and get the error, something doesnt look right. Maybe a server reboot may clean things up and try again.  You could also try restarting Cisco DRF master/local just for grins and retry.

I rebooted both publisher then the subscriber.  Once both servers were back on line I tried to add a new backup device but got the same error.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content