cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection 8.5 DH both voice-enabled and keypad enabled?

Michael Mertens
Level 1
Level 1

I am curious as to whether anyone can confirm or deny that Unity Connection 8.5 Directory Handler can be both voice-enabled and keypad entry simultaneously. I didn't think so, and saw a previous post where someone that they had to be separate, but I see in Cisco Doc

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/8x/administration/guide/8xcucsag040.html#wpxref63592

under "Directory Handlers in Cisco Unity Connection 8.x"

Voice Enabled

(For Cisco Unity Connection systems with the voice-recognition option only). For this type of directory handler, callers say the first name and last name of the Connection user that they want to reach, or enter an extension by saying the individual digits in the extension

Could someone please clarify this for me? Thanks!

Mike.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Bradley Gruesbeck
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Mike,

Yes, if you create a directory handler that is voice enabled then you have to specify them by name (or use a voice command). If you try a keypad entry then it will say 'invalid entry'.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Brad

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Bradley Gruesbeck
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Mike,

Yes, if you create a directory handler that is voice enabled then you have to specify them by name (or use a voice command). If you try a keypad entry then it will say 'invalid entry'.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Brad

Brad, Thanks for confirming. I just re-read my doc that I quoted and see where my mis-understanding was: "or enter an extension by SAYING the individual extension"

Thanks.