cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection 8.5 Help Desk Administrator Role

ybpants
Level 5
Level 5

I have a Unity Connection 8.5 Cluster and I have assigned agents on our helpdesk to the Help Desk Administrator Role.  When looking at the Roles page the Help Desk administrator has right to (as per the text on the page) "Resets user passwords and unlocks user accounts, views user settings" and I see that "Reset User Passwords" is selected in the check boxes.

When logged in as an account with this role assigned, I can navigate around CUCM to view pages but when I try to reset a voicemail PIN I get the message "Not Authorized" when I press save.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

culittle
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I know there is a defect inh 8.5

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCtn59526

this may be more deeply rooted. I will see if I can find a lab box to test.

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

culittle
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I know there is a defect inh 8.5

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCtn59526

this may be more deeply rooted. I will see if I can find a lab box to test.

Thanks culittle.

I searched everywhere apart from the bug toolkit.

I am running a later version than those listed in the bug ID (I am on version 8.5.1ES.13900-65) but I guess it's time for a version upgrade

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

We tested on Version 8.5.1ES16.11900-16 and lab server last night, and we were able to go to the user > edit >password and change both the web and tui password.

Thanks for testing that in your lab for me, I know what I will be doing this weekend now :-s

Hi Culittle,

I have some similar but different issue. I have users with admin roles (Technician,Help Desk administrator & User administrator). We are getting Not Authorized error while resetting the password of fellow admin users. They are able to reset the passwords for the voicemail account holders and delete users, however unable to reset the passwords of admin users.

Any assistance is greatly appriciated.

Thank you

It is my understanding that this is the expected behavior and not a bug. You can't reset the password of another user with equal or higher permission level. I guess Cisco expects you to reset your own if you have permission.

Thank you for the time Martin,

Yes, I have realised that it is not possible to reset the passwords of other users who are of equal or high role. Thank you for the time.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Curtis,

It's always great when someone takes the time out of their schedule to lab

up the test to verify these things. +5 for going above and beyond here

Cheers!

Rob

"Show a little faith, there's magic in the night" - Springsteen

i have CUC version 8.6.2.20000-76, i have Help desk user that perfectly reset user's password but since yesterday it stop working and i am getting same error "Not Authrized"

Firasat,

Im seeing the same thing did you ever find resolution?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: