cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection 8.5 not import CUCM end users after reinstall

ronaldo.gama
Level 1
Level 1

I needed to reinstall a Unity Connection 8.5 server (server crash due to power failure).

After the reinstallation and reconfiguration of the CUC, the same does not synchronize and / or import users from CUCM (version 8.5).

The CUCM is integrated with LDAP.

The version of servers are:

- CUC = version 8.5.1ES16.11900-16

- CUCM = version 8.5.1.11900-21

Before CUC crash, I could import users usually.

The test in AXL servers in CUC is normal: (Test message successfully sent to AXL server 172.16.21.11:443).

Any sugestions?

Regards,

Ronaldo Gama

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Bradford Magnani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Ronaldo,

This is because the CUCM actually holds a database where all of these users are still tagged as being imported into UC already.  You'll have to get fancy with some SQL queries, you can try these, but do it at your own risk.

Open SSH to the CUCM

1) For each user, find the mapping row:

run sql select pkid from enduserappservermap where fkenduser in (select pkid from enduser where userid = 'my_user_alias') and fkappserver in (select pkid from appserver where ipaddr = 'my_connection_server_ip')

In the query above, replace my_user_alias with the alias of the end user and replace my_connection_server_ip with the IP address of the Connection server (or whatever the old Connection server IP address may have been if you changed it after the rebuild).

2) Delete the mapping row:

You should only get back one row. Delete it. Replace my_pkid with the actual pkid that you got back:

run sql delete from enduserappservermap where pkid = 'my_pkid'

Try to import that user again via AXL.  That's the user by user way of doing it if you don't have too many, but if you're confident they all can be deleted at once you can do the following:

1.  Find all of the users mapped

run sql select * from enduserappservermap

2.  The users should all have matching value in the "fkappserver" object ID column if they were mapped to the same pre-existing Connection server.  Once you've confirmed the "fkappserver" object ID of the old UC server, issue the bulk delete command, this is irreversible!

run sql delete from enduserappservermap where fkappserver = 'fkappserver_for_old_UC'

Hope that helps,

Brad

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

Bradford Magnani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Ronaldo,

This is because the CUCM actually holds a database where all of these users are still tagged as being imported into UC already.  You'll have to get fancy with some SQL queries, you can try these, but do it at your own risk.

Open SSH to the CUCM

1) For each user, find the mapping row:

run sql select pkid from enduserappservermap where fkenduser in (select pkid from enduser where userid = 'my_user_alias') and fkappserver in (select pkid from appserver where ipaddr = 'my_connection_server_ip')

In the query above, replace my_user_alias with the alias of the end user and replace my_connection_server_ip with the IP address of the Connection server (or whatever the old Connection server IP address may have been if you changed it after the rebuild).

2) Delete the mapping row:

You should only get back one row. Delete it. Replace my_pkid with the actual pkid that you got back:

run sql delete from enduserappservermap where pkid = 'my_pkid'

Try to import that user again via AXL.  That's the user by user way of doing it if you don't have too many, but if you're confident they all can be deleted at once you can do the following:

1.  Find all of the users mapped

run sql select * from enduserappservermap

2.  The users should all have matching value in the "fkappserver" object ID column if they were mapped to the same pre-existing Connection server.  Once you've confirmed the "fkappserver" object ID of the old UC server, issue the bulk delete command, this is irreversible!

run sql delete from enduserappservermap where fkappserver = 'fkappserver_for_old_UC'

Hope that helps,

Brad

Thank you Brad,

I will try this commands tomorrow.

Regards,

Ronaldo Gama

De: bmagnani

Enviada em: quarta-feira, 9 de novembro de 2011 02:09

Para: Ronaldo Gama

Assunto: - Re: Unity Connection 8.5 not import CUCM end users after reinstall

Home<>

Re: Unity Connection 8.5 not import CUCM end users after reinstall

created by Bradford Magnani<> in Unified Communications Applications - View the full discussion<>

ronaldo.gama
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you Bran for your assistance.

The commands worked well.

Regards,

Ronaldo Gama

Glad it worked for you

Nice Job Brad!   I have had horrible luck with AXL integrations with CUC and CUCM.  When this system "breaks" between them, its a mess to resolve.  Good to see this command may save the day.  I typically do an LDAP integration with CUCM and then another one with CUC.  Its a little more work, but not that much.  

Yeah, it can definitely get squirly when something goes wrong, esp. with extension re-assignment, ppl leaving the company, etc.  We don't see too many people using it much anymore now that LDAP has taken over like you mentioned.  It took me a little while to come up with some of those SQL queries when I first had to investigate the issue years ago, now it's become a great little "cheat sheet" because people are obviously still running into problems

Brad

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey Brad,

Add my +5 vote to TCat's!! That is one fine answer buddy

Cheers!

Rob

piyujain
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This worked for me on Unity Connection 7.0 also..

Thanks!!

Hi there,

I have just had the same issue with Unity Connection 9.1 and CUCM 9.1.

There is another way I found how to resolve this issue. A bit easier in my view.

On CUCM delete the CUC application server and add it back. Will not take more then one minute.

Worked for me!

Good luck!

Ivan

Thanks Ivan, works perfectly!

Ivan,

Do you mean you deleted the application user for CUC?  I am not sure what you meant by application server.

Thanks!

Danny

Go to System -> Application Server and delete the Unity Connection entry. Then add it again, assign the correct axl user, and Unity Connection should be able to import the users again. 

Deleting/re-adding the application server still works as of version 11.5SU3a. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: