cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection 8.6.2 CSS & Partitions

Live2 Bicycle
Level 3
Level 3

I am wondering why Unity connection has CSS and Partitions like communication manager.  Or more importanly should I be using this in my scenrio.

I am planning a migration from 2 Unity 8.0 clusters to a single Unity Connection 8.6.2 cluster.  My dial plan in UCM is a full 10 digit DN.

Example

317688xxxx

765868xxxx

317678xxxx

In UCM within a site we do allow 5 digit dialing (8xxxx) by using translation pattern to prepend for example 31768.

In Unity all DNs match the 10 digits in UCM.

A complaint I hear frequently from users is if they are listening to a voicemail they have to use the full 10 digit DN to transfer a call to another subscriber with in the same site.

Since CUC now has CSS & Partitions am I able to create a  translation pattern and assign it to a partition and then based on the CSS assigned to a user  now allow them to transfer voicemails to another user with in their same site by only using the 5 digit DN?  I have looked around and I do not see a way to create a translation pattern.

Thanks in Advance

Del

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Del,

This is the exact reason UCON has CSS/PTs, in my implementations with variable length dial plan the DN gets assigned to global default PT, and I build site specific PT/CSS for each location, then I assign alternate extension (in your example 5 digit DN) in site specific PT.  The CSS assigned to the user (via user template) is site specific and includes the default global PT and the site specific PT.  This way users can address/forward messages within their site by dialing abbreviated extension.

HTH,

Chris

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Del,

This is the exact reason UCON has CSS/PTs, in my implementations with variable length dial plan the DN gets assigned to global default PT, and I build site specific PT/CSS for each location, then I assign alternate extension (in your example 5 digit DN) in site specific PT.  The CSS assigned to the user (via user template) is site specific and includes the default global PT and the site specific PT.  This way users can address/forward messages within their site by dialing abbreviated extension.

HTH,

Chris